Baked Salmon with Grape, Berry and Spinach Salad
Baked Salmon is delicious and nutritious all by itself; but, when you pair it with Grape, Berry and Spinach Salad it becomes an extraordinary culinary event. It is incredibly easy to prepare and a delightfully healthy main dish.
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup red or black grapes
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon good quality virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Prepare the Salad
- Rinse the blueberries, grapes and raspberries thoroughly and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Wash to spinach carefully to be sure there is no sand caught in the leaves.
- Shake the remaining water from the leaves and let it drain for a few minutes, then, shake again – absorb any excess water with paper towels.
- Discard the stems and break the spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the fruit and spinach in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle the raspberry vinaigrette over everything and toss gently. Set the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
Cook the Salmon
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the salmon on the paper.
- Sprinkle the salmon with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
- NOTE: You can also grill the salmon in your oven broiler or over hot coals if you prefer.
- Remove the salmon from the baking pan and place it on 4 dinner plates.
- Serve immediately with the chilled salad and a bowl of steamed and buttered Basmati rice (brown or white).