Chocolate Mousse Pie – A Chocolate Lover’s Dream
Chocolate Mousse Pie is perfect for holiday entertaining or as an elegant treat for unexpected guests. With chocolate crust, milk chocolate coating, fluffy chocolate filling, all topped with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle – no one will be able to resist.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2¾ cups (16 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided – ½ cup, 2 cups, and ¼ cup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided ¾ cup and 1¼ cups
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Make the Chocolate-coated Crust
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and sugar in a medium-sized bowl
- Add melted butter to the mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Place the mixture in a 9”pie plate and press into the bottom and up the sides of the plate.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes – until fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle ½ cup chips over bottom of hot crust.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until all chips are semi-melted and shiny.
- Spread chocolate over bottom and up side of crust. Cool to room temperature.
Make the Filling
- Place 2 cups of chocolate chips and ¾ cup cream in a large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Microwave the mixture at 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring after each heating, just until all the chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
Whip the Cream and Assemble the Pie
- Place the remaining 1¼ cups heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a chilled small mixer bowl and beat with an electric hand-held mixer until soft peaks form.
- FOLD (do not stir) 2 cups of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into the crust and finish the top with decorative swirls
- Garnish with the remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until firm.
When Ready to Serve:
- Place the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips in a well-sealed heavy-duty plastic bag and microwave for about 30 seconds on HIGH (100%)
- Knead the chocolate through the bag until smooth.
- Cut a tiny corner from bag and gently squeeze the bag to drizzle chocolate over pie.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.