Creamy Rice Pudding
This easy Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe is a great way to use leftover rice. In fact you may want to make a little extra, so you can enjoy this easy, tasty dessert.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- ½ to 2/3 cup sugar (sweetness to taste – I prefer ½ Cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup raisins or dried cherries.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemons, zest of, grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine rice and first 6 ingredients
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes until most liquid is absorbed
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Serve warm
- Spoon into serving dishes, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Can also be served cold with thick cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.