Greek Potato Salad is very different from traditional potato salad. It is a taste delight and always a refreshing change of pace.
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes, with skins
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into eighths
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ medium red onion, very thinly sliced (½ cup)
- ½ cup whole kalamata or ripe olives
- 1 package (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese (1 cup)
- ½ cup olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Cut potatoes across width into 1/8” slices.
- Place in a large bowl and wash in cold running water until water runs clear.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, bring back to a boil, and cook until slices are barely soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. (DO NOT OVER COOK)
- Drain in a colander
- Place the potatoes and the remaining salad ingredients except cheese into a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve the potato salad immediately or cover the bowl and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the salad just before serving.