Homemade Almond Milk can be used to replace milk in most recipes or anywhere you would use packaged almond milk. You can also make your own flavored almond milk in the following ways: To sweeten, add a date just before blending (in step 2). Vanilla Almond Milk – add a couple of drops of vanilla extract to the milk and shake well.
- 2 cups raw unsalted almonds
- Pure filtered (bottled) water
- Place almonds in a large bowl and cover them completely with water.
- Soak for at 6 to 12 hours – until they are nice and plump.
- Blend in food processor or blender in small batches – 1 cup of almonds and 1 1/2 cups of water at a time. (You must blend in batches. DO NOT try to do it all at once)
- Blend for about 30 seconds – until you have a frothy, milky looking mixture.
- Using a find mesh strainer, strain the liquid into another bowl.
- Press mixture firmly with the back of a spoon or spatula to force out as much liquid as possible from the almond pulp.
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 until all your almonds have been processed.
Keep refrigerated – will keep for up to five days.