Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pies
Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pies will move up your favorites list quickly if you are a fan of traditional pumpkin pie. This dessert is quick and easy and adds the yummy additional flavor of caramel to the pumpkin. If you find yourself in a pinch for a nice holiday dessert, give this one a try.
- 6 mini graham cracker crusts (1 package)
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Libby’s ™ canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- (NOTE: Homemade pumpkin puree also works well if you are inclined to make it.)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkling of ground ginger and ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small jar Smuckers™ Caramel Topping
- 1 pint whipping cream (Cool Whip can be substituted, but I’m not a big fan)
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400° F,
- Place the pie crusts on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Put 1 tablespoon caramel topping on the bottom of each crust – set aside.
- Place the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled bowl and whip with an electric hand-held mixer until stiff peaks form – add additional sugar to taste, but keep it light – place in the refrigerator.
- Place the pudding mix, milk, pumpkin, and spices in a large bowl and whisk together until well-blended and thick.
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold in 1½ cups of the whipped cream (Refrigerate the remaining to be used for topping when you are ready to serve.)
- Spoon the filling into each pie crust and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (This allows the filling to set.)
- To serve – top with a large dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel. ENJOY!
NOTE: There will probably be extra filling, which makes it easy to double this recipe if you need more servings.