Oreo Truffles are a chocolate lover’s delight and so simple to make that even a novice candy maker can make them. This is a great candy-making project to enjoy with your children – three ingredients, minimal time required, and no boiling hot syrup to worry about.
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (regular), softened
- 1 package Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (Do not use double-stuffed)
- 2 packages (8 squares each) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- Crush the Oreo Cookies by placing them in a large plastic freezer bag and rolling with a rolling pin.
- Place the softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Scooping out 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, roll the mixture into a balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Place a wooden toothpick into the top of each ball.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator to firm-up the balls ~30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, the top pan should not touch the simmering water.
- Dip the rolled balls into the melted chocolate and return them to the parchment paper.
- Remove the toothpicks.
- Refrigerate the dipped balls for 30 minutes to set.
- You may want to decorate the truffles by drizzling them with white chocolate, dusting with powdered sugar or topping with nuts.