The Perfect Side Dish
Oven roasted asparagus is one of the best ways to bring out the natural flavors of this wonderful vegetable. This quick and easy recipe makes a great weeknight side dish that pairs well with beef, chicken, pork or seafood. It also works very well in a number of white sauce pasta dishes.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, rinsed thoroughly and tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over asparagus and toss to coat well.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Garnish with a little fresh lemon zest, if desired.
Note: Can also be roasted on the outdoor grill if you desire.