Colorful, Delicious and Healthy
Try this Roasted Beet Salad soon! Next time you roast beets for dinner, roast a few extra, so you can enjoy this delicious salad. Canned whole beets will also work, but freshly roasted beets are always better. To roast the beets – cover them in foil and put them in a 400º F. oven for about one hour. Chop the ends of the beets and peel them while they are still warm.
- 4 medium roasted beets, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons high-quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped lemon thyme
- Field greens or lettuce mix (optional)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (goat’s cheese)
- ¼ cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the beets, oil, lemon juice and lemon thyme in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare four servings bowls with a bed of mixed greens (if you are using them – can be served with or without the greens).
- Top with the beet mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and pine nuts.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Note: If you don’t have lemon thyme, use fresh basil, oregano or regular thyme. Dry herbs will also work, but use them sparingly.