Seven Layer Dip – Perfect for a Party
Seven Layer Dip is easy, delicious, relatively healthy, and timeless. It is always popular when served as an appetizer with cold beer.
- 2 cans refried beans (make your own if you have the time and inclination)
- 3 medium avocados, seeds removed and chopped or smashed
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix*
- 3 bunches chopped green onions, green parts only
- 3 medium diced tomatoes, seeds and juicy pulp removed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (8 oz) black olives, drained and sliced or chopped (optional – I don’t use them)
- Mix the sour cream and the taco seasoning mix together.
- Assemble the dip in a nice semi-shallow serving bowl.
- Starting with the refried beans layer the ingredients in distinct layers, and continue down the list.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
*NOTE: Instead of using pre-packaged taco seasoning mix, you can also make your own version using the Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe that was posted yesterday on this blog.
NOTE: Can also be made in larger batches and stored in an air tight container for up to 6 months.