[fbshare type=”button” float=”left”] [pinterest count=”horizontal” float=”left” use_post=”true”] [twitter style=”horizontal” hashtag=”recipes,cookies” float=”left”]
Below are three excellent cookie recipes to make with children. They are well-tested by my granddaughter, Bella. She loves them.
[typography font=”Amaranth” size=”24″ size_format=”px”]Melt Away Cookies[/typography]
1 cup flour
½ cup corn starch
½ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup (1½cubes) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, corn starch and powdered sugar in medium bowl – set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add flour mixture and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with floured fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking tin and cool completely on wire rack..
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
[typography font=”Amaranthl” size=”24″ size_format=”px”]Quick Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies[/typography]
These are wonderful, quick cookies. It is one of the first things my children learned to “cook.” You can add more or less oats. I have found that the weather makes a difference on the consistency. It is very important not to boil them for longer than a minute.
2 cups sugar
½ cup Nestle Quik©
½ cup milk
1 cube butter
2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, Nestle Quik, milk and butter in a sauce pan – boil for one minute (no longer than 1 minute)
- Remove from the heat and add the oatmeal, nuts and vanilla
- Drop on waxed paper – let cool
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
[typography font=”Amaranth” size=”24″ size_format=”px”]Lemon Shortbread Cookies [/typography]
4 cups flour
1 pound (4 cubes) unsalted butter, softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons lemon juice (~3 lemons)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper – set aside.
- Sift flour – set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, and salt – beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour – 1 cup at a time.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon for each cookie onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until very light brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on cooling rack.
Yield: 5 1/2 dozen cookies